Single Parents Can Use Special Care Infrastructure for Their Children

April 27th, 2020 | by

The state of NRW has extended its regulations for special childcare needs. As of now, single parents who are in gainful employment can also use the special care infrastructure for their children.

This requires a certificate from the employer confirming the existing employment relationship and stating the number of hours worked. The single parent needs to submit this together with a written request stating their situation to the respective childcare institution, who will then decide on their application or otherwise help with placement. Since there are no standard forms for the employer’s certificate, it is recommended that parents clarify in advance with the respective childcare institution what information the certificate should contain. Some institutions may also provide their own forms for this purpose. The HR departments of RWTH Aachen University are happy to help issue the required certificate.

Source: FAQ Surrounding the Coronavirus Situation

Comments are closed.